A one-to-one video call with Tam covering any topics in the Baby Casting Training Course.
Course Topics to choose from:
- Explanation of different moulding techniques for different ages – bag or pot method
- Creating moulds - I use a 'real life' baby doll as the model
- Preparing the moulds for plaster
- Special technique for reducing the chance of air bubbles and lost fingertips in casts
- Pouring the plaster
- Revealing the casts
- Techniques for tidying casts
- Repairing air bubbles in casts and other faults
- Preparing casts for framing
- Painting casts
- How to take a clay impression
- How to make a raised impression
- How to trim clay and explanation of drying technique
- Explanation of Couples and Family hands techniques
- Explanation of Family Tree casts
- Photographing your work
- How to price your work
- How to set up your work area
- Marketing tips
- Social media tips
Most of these topics are normally covered in the 6 hour course. So it very much depends on what you choose as to how much can be covered in 1 hour. Some things can be explained verbally but others will need to be shown using a mould, cast or frame.
Once you have agreed the content and duration of the session with Tam you will need to pay for it here, in advance.
Tam cannot do the whole course via video call - just certain aspects that you might be struggling with, once you have been casting for a while, such as air bubbles in fingertips.
You do not have to have done the whole baby casting course to have a video call session. It is available to anyone.