Includes 2 clay impressions of a newborn in a Contemporary 8x8" Square frame.
Prices quoted are for a baby under 1 year and vary depending on caster, frame style and the age of the baby so please use the suggested price as a guide. You will choose your frame, paint colour and mount combination at your appointment. Engraved name-plates are extra.
Please click the "FIND YOUR LOCAL CASTER' buttom to request an appointment in your area.
At your appointment, impressions are taken of your baby's hands/feet using a soft clay.
If your child has any kind of skin problem you must seek advice from your GP before having a cast done. It is best to dress your baby in a short-sleeved vest so your caster has full access to hands and feet.
After your appointment, the impressions are left to dry out thoroughly for at least 2-3 weeks. They are then painted in classic or pearl white or metallic silver, rose gold, bronze or gold paint before being framed.
Choosing a frame
We have a huge selection of frames to choose from to match most homes and existing decor.
You will find it easier to choose your frame, mount and paint colours if you know where you will hang the finished frame.
To help you decide you can ask yourself a few questions, such as:
- Where will I hang my frame - do I need to match it to the decor or frames of an existing room?
- How many clay impressions do I want?
- What layout of hands and feet do I want?
- What colour should the frame rim be?
- What colour should the impressions be?
- What colour should the back mount be?
- Do I want an engraved name-plate with my child's name and age? Which colour? Which font?
The turnaround is normally 4-8 weeks depending on your caster but this can extend at busier times or during the school summer holidays. If you have a deadline please let your caster know when you book.